Sunday, December 23, 2018

An M31 Christmas Track 9: Christmas Dream

Back in 2006 when my oldest daughter was 13, she got on my computer, opened up Apple GarageBand, and using some Apple Loops, put together a song she called Christmas Dream. She wanted to add to it something that she played, so I helped her pick a sound and she recorded a string part to accompany parts of the track.

The song on this album is a respray of her track, but includes her original arrangement of the Apple Loops. Instead of using the Apple Loops though, I found the original synth sounds (they were MIDI loops), and played the various parts. And, I added a new bit at the end.

I love this one, not only because my daughter wrote it, but because to me it evokes images of family get-togethers indoors on cold December nights, fire in the fireplace, lights twinkling on the Christmas tree.

You can get (or hear) the album at:


It's also available on Amazon, Google Play, and other streaming/download services.

No comments:

Post a Comment